It is the responsibility of the property owner to seek out their taxes, whether a tax bill has been received or not. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve a taxpayer from payment of taxes, nor from liability of penalty charges for late payment.

Change of Mailing Address

You must notify the Township if you change your mailing address. Complete our Change of Address Form to update your information with the Township.

It is the taxpayer's responsibility to inform the Township of Alnwick/Haldimand Finance Department of a change of mailing address.

Complete our Change of Address Form

Change of Ownership

What you need to know:

  • If the property has been sold, please forward the tax bill to the new owner, or return it to our Finance department immediately.
  • The existing Property tax account number stays with the property.
  • We recommend a property tax certificate, which indicates the amount of taxes owing by the previous owner in order to adjust the existing tax account.
  • We need written authorization accompanied by the transfer deed to update ownership of a property.